As a pet shop assistant you would be responsible for serving customers and looking after the animals. You would sell domestic animals like puppies, kittens, fish, and also pet food, cages, accessories and equipment. If you are confident in caring and handling dogs, cats & small animals and can work well in a team, this job could suit you.
In this job you will need to be confident handling many different domestic animals, be alert to spot changes in animals' behaviour. You’ll also need to be physically fit to carry out routine tasks such as cleaning out cages.
Practical experience is highly valued and experience of working with animals or in retail customer service is a plus! You would be in close contact with the animals and may have to deal with unpleasant tasks and smells at times. You may not find this work suitable if you have certain allergies.
Your duties would include:
Hours & Pay
40 hours a week, which may include weekends. Part-time hours are also available. The starting salary at $8.00 per hour.
To be a kennel worker you should have:
● confidence in handling animals
● good teamworking skills
● organisational skills
● the ability to communicate with a broad range of people
● good observational skills to notice changes in animals' behaviour
● the ability to cope with the physical demands of the job
● the initiative to work well on your own.
Must love dogs and cats and all of the hair and fuzz that comes with it! We are looking for a professional groomer for dogs and cats (all breeds and sizes). Excellent communication skills with customers and hospital staff are a must. Employee must be a friendly, motivated, team player with an upbeat demeanor. Responsible for keeping a clean, safe work environment during all aspects of the grooming appointment. Must have reliable transportation to and from work. Should possess strong organizational skills and be required to supply your own grooming equipment. A working interview and testing on various breeds may also be required.
Desired Skills & Experience:
● 2+ years of continuous dog grooming experience.
● Can groom all sizes of dogs.
● Experience w/puppies' first grooms.
● Can groom 6-8 or more dogs per day.
● Willing to handle cats
● Be able to complete your own work (we do not have bathers)
Part time or Full time. Our store is open 7 days a week and scheduling is flexible, weekends are required.
Salary is commission plus tips or Hourly based plus commission plus tips depending on experience
• Vaccination up-to-date
• Registration (if applicable)
• Microchip (included for free)
• 1-year Health Guarantee on congenital issues
• Free de-worming (lifetime)