Pet Shop Kennel Assistant
If you are someone who is confident in handling dogs, while being able to maintain a positive attitude at all times and work well on a team, this job may be suitable for you. Our ideal candidate is able to work from 10:00AM – 7:15PM. This part-time position is available for 2 – 4 days a week.
Starting salary is $12 an hour. Raises are dependent on performance and efficiency, not time. The quicker you learn and become efficient at your tasks, the quicker you will see your raises.
This job is NOT a good fit if…
- You have any physical ailments or discomforts.
- You have allergies.
- You are not comfortable handling puppy urine and feces.
- You are sensitive to smells
Work Tasks Include:
Help with the upkeep of the store
- Clean, disinfect and maintain puppy enclosures and playpens.
- Clean up puppy urine and feces.
- Sanitize, sweep and mop.
(This job is labor intensive. You will be lifting cage grids and trays for cleaning)
- Answer basic questions asked by customers
Provide care to puppies
- Check all puppies regularly for signs of health issues.
- Keep puppies brushed and clean
- Make sure puppies are fed and have water.
650 Central Park Avenue
Yonkers, NY 10704
(Please make sure you are able to commute easily to and from work)
If this position is one that you are interested in please email your response to [email protected]
Please be sure to provide the following information in your response:
Date of birth:
All days of availability:
Method of transportation:
After reviewing your response, we may contact you to setup an in-store meeting to further assess your suitability for the position and answer any questions you may have for us. We look forward to hearing from you and hopefully working together in the near future.